Wednesday, March 28, 2012

The Bear Can't Help It


This is Panda Au Chocolat.  You might remember him from yesterday's post.  He's having some kind of problem in this picture.  I don't know what that  problem might be and I don't wish to speculate.....

Frank Tashlin was an an illustrator, author, animator and filmmaker.  His picture book The Bear That Wasn't is very funny and beautifully drawn.  He also made films.  I'm showing you an excerpt from The Girl Can't Help It, starring Jayne Mansfield (and a cameo from Bilko!).  John Waters says that Jayne Mansfield was the ultimate movie star and Divine was his Jayne Mansfield - only put together with Godzilla.  Gotta love that John Waters, and Jayne and Divine and Frank Tashlin...
....and Panda (well, I love Panda - and not in a Brick from Anchorman "I love lamp" sort of way!).





No comments: